Friday, December 5, 2008

My God am I blogging?


I swore I would never start a blog.   To me they have always been little more than a sparse version of a  website which I have been doing for more years than I can remember at "Radio Freejack".  But since I have been doing so much writing for magazines in recent years, I decided to give it a try.   So chalk this up to another thing that I vowed to avoid that I went back on.  The others would be marriage, masturbation and some ex in Cleveland.

My ex-wife Ronni has been a blogger for years now at http://timegoesby.net and has found a profession as an expert on aging.  She doesn't mind getting old which is something I still have a hard time getting used to.   Anyway, I used to berate her about "blogging" because I had been coding HTML and doing, as I said, a website for years and didn't want to admit how easy it had gotten to get up and running and now anybody could put their ego on the web.

My biggest problem with bloggers was the lack of oversight.  Anyone can write any damn lie they want and because it hits the internet it is automatically assumed by some to be the truth.   The internet has become most viral disseminator of lies ever.

So here I am posting a blog because Google sucked me in and all I had to do was click on an icon.

Now I'm just another asshole with an opinion who has a blog.

10 comments:

okmills said...

Well Alex, after all is said and done, a heck of a lot more is said than done. Good luck with your blog and don't let the turkeys get you down. Love you, 'girlfriend'

Lana said...

Alex, nice first blog. That's exactly how I feel about blogging, but I do it anyway too. What a rebel, huh?

I enjoy your show but am afraid to call in cause you might yell at me. After all, I'm only 58 years old. Pathetic.

I'd like to hear more from Michael cause he's the reason why I tuned into your show in the first place. I go from Vinnie to you. Oh, by the way, you promised to post the video you took that is mostly of Michael since he's the only one who would talk to you. When will that be up? We are all on Facebook and I have a fan page for him and I'd like to post it there for his fans to see. You should sign up there cause it's a lot of fun and you get to interact with your listeners whenever you want.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

P.S. Good luck to you, Girlfriend. I think you need it big time!!!

Lana

Anonymous said...

Alex, I listen to you everyday and love it I go to work at 0330 and drive truck, you guys keep me going! I love the format of your show keep up the good work and get rid of Snyder on Friday he sucks!

chickbradford said...

Alex, the
Chevy Volt is an electric car. It runs on battery the first 40 miles(cost of electricity....2 cents/mile). When the battery runs down a 1.1L engine turns on to power a generator to recharge the battery. With a full charge and 11 gal. of gas it has a range of 640 mi.(over 60mi/gal) An Impala that gets 30mpg at $2/gal burns 6.67 cents of fuel per mile. A high percentage of people don't drive 40 miles a day.

Anonymous said...

Hiya asshole,
Welcome to the blog world..
signed,
a fellow asshole

RBV said...

Interesting....as a loyal listener I knew it was only a matter of time before you took the plunge.

Also, look at the bright side - the blog can be a great way to interact with your audience....hell you might even pick up a few new listeners (yeah right!). And, it will give you something to do in the afternoons....lazy bastard!!

If you want to get really fancy you could add a few more moderators who could also be allowed to post....Bruce, Michael Billy, Girlfriend, etc.

Be careful! Blogging can be addictive.

Alex Bennett said...

Look for Bruce on Wednesday.

Leonard Smith said...

Well you are an ignorant, arrogant asshole and fake leftist on radio and certainly your shitty little blog affirms that. Oh...BTW fuck Lynn Samuels

Lana said...

Geez, Leonard. Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Kwana said...

Welcome to the blog world Alex. I swore it wouldn't happen to me too, but it did. Darn Google is to easy and seductive! It will be great to be able to read your writing. I love you on the radio. Best of luck.